At the age of globalization, we must know English as it is the language of global communications. The English language has been an important medium of the press for four hundred years. And the English language is used in the media, press, advertising, broadcasting, cinema, popular music, international travel, ensuring international safety, education and communications. On the contrary, Literature is the reflection of our society. Everything that happens within a society can be written, recorded in and learned from a piece of Literature. Literature provides insights, knowledge or wisdom and emotion towards the person. Life is manifested in the form of Literature. English language and Literature is very much effective for our daily life. For this reason, we should learn English language and Literature. Hence, from my part, I welcome you all to the English Department of FCUB and lots of best wishes.
The vision of the department is to create and disseminate knowledge to ensure quality education, researches and professional development. The goal of the department is to advance the frontier of academic research in the fields of language and literature. It wants to pave the way to enter into the world of advanced knowledge. And it has been also contributing to every phase of society through different sorts of educational and creative activities.
- To promote opportunity for students to develop as creative independent thinkers and leaders.
- To provide research facilities so that the students can develop their full intellectual, social and personal potentials.
- To provide knowledge, skills and abilities to transform human resource into human capital.
- To instil ethical concern and social responsibility among students.
- To prepare students to meet the challenges of the 21st century.
Why Choose Us?
- Experiments, Skilled and Dedicated Full Time Faculty Members
- Highly Qualified Guest and Visiting Professors
- Enriched Library
- Lowest Tuition Fees with Highest Waivers
- Academic excellence
- Professional integrity
- Leadership development
- Diversity, respect and equity
- Annual blood donation activities.
- To train the unemployed person how to do Law Business and self – dependence.
- Tree plantation activities in the Pauroshova area.
- Promotes disaster relief activities.
- To make the students skilled in Language.
- To enhance knowledge of Literature among the students.
- To make the students professionally skilled in diverse fields.